While Texas is only state currently forcing people to undergo transvaginal ultrasounds, Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, AND VIRGINIA all have forced ultrasounds before an abortion.
Oklahoma and North Carolina have passed similar laws to the one in Texas but they are not being enforced due to pending court decisions.
And today, I want to thank Andrea Grimes for a KYBOOMU shout out at RH Reality Check. You should read her entire piece about the TX reproductive health crisis, but I’ll just highlight this one part:
But just because the CRR has run up against a judicial roadblock in Texas doesn’t mean that Texans are giving up. Especially online, the fight continues with activists taking to social media, wherein the popular and cheeky Keep Your Boehner Out Of My Uterus Tumblr has been posting an ongoing day-by-day reminder that Texas’ ultrasound law isn’t going away, and the #TXreprohealth hashtag continues to gain in popularity.
- staininyourbrain reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- 2g2ns reblogged this from arewomenhuman
- reproductivejusticenow reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- officialsmokescreen reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- feminismisprettycool reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- stillhidden likes this
- arewomenhuman reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- keepyourbsoutofmyuterus posted this
- blog comments powered by Disqus