H.R. 3 - No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
(Rep. Smith, R-NJ, and 227 cosponsors)
The administration strongly opposes H.R. 3 because it: intrudes on women’s reproductive freedom and access to health care; increases the tax burden on many Americans; unnecessarily restricts the private insurance choices that consumers have today; and restricts the District of Columbia’s use of local funds, which undermines home rule.
Longstanding federal policy prohibits federal funds from being used for abortions, except in cases of rape or incest, or when the life of the woman would be endangered. This prohibition is maintained in the Affordable Care Act and reinforced through the president’s Executive Order 13535. H.R. 3 goes well beyond these safeguards by interfering with consumers’ private health care choices.
The administration also strongly supports existing provider conscience laws that have protected the rights of health care providers and entities for over 30 years, and it recognizes and supports the rights of patients.
The Administration will strongly oppose legislation that unnecessarily restricts women’s reproductive freedoms and consumers’ private insurance options.
If the President is presented with H.R. 3, his senior advisors would recommend that he veto the bill.
HR3 is supposed to come up for a vote on Wednesday in the House. TELL YOUR REP TO VOTE NO on HR3!!!!
The Rep who composed this shitastic bill, Chris Smith from New Jersey, has appeared on KYBOOMU before because of his fucked views on abortion, funding, and Planned Parenthood:
[Smith: Planned Parenthood is the enemy. More women having cancer is always better.]
Click image for original post in which this image appeared.
- allergy-information likes this
- nerd-gasms likes this
- mouseflower likes this
- abadwind likes this
- dablayangel likes this
- decast-ronaut likes this
- demonwoman reblogged this from bugabootaylor and added:
- chumpstush likes this
- bugabootaylor reblogged this from cutealienbabe
- cutealienbabe reblogged this from fwarg
- marrbles reblogged this from walkforchoice
- bostonwalkforchoice reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- sanityscraps likes this
- saladdayz reblogged this from walkforchoice and added:
- patientc likes this
- m00ncrisisp0wer likes this
- cloudspanties likes this
- walkforchoicepdx reblogged this from walkforchoice
- youtrainedtheselips likes this
- jaclynhyde likes this
- hillcm reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus and added:
- tales-of-t reblogged this from walkforchoice
- eatplayfuck reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- deedennis reblogged this from rkb
- carondelet reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- sidfromabove1975 reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- sidfromabove1975 likes this
- spookysage reblogged this from bubonickitten
- loloschucks reblogged this from walkforchoice
- megshapedshadow likes this
- for-my-family reblogged this from juliet-echo-alpha
- malarkiness likes this
- juliet-echo-alpha reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- fusspup reblogged this from walkforchoice and added:
- fusspup likes this
- tremblebot likes this
- rkb reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- lord-kitschener reblogged this from walkforchoice
- wu-yifan-official likes this
- sailor-ramiel reblogged this from keepyourbsoutofmyuterus
- cultlandia likes this
- sailor-ramiel likes this
- jugglingthethoughtsinmyhead reblogged this from walkforchoice
- keepyourbsoutofmyuterus posted this
- blog comments powered by Disqus